The 36th District Court has been made aware of a scam in which individuals posing as Court employees are calling members of the public from a ghost number being displayed as the Court’s listed telephone number of 313-965-8700. Scammers are contacting individuals and demanding payment from those who have an active warrant. They are also being given instructions on how and where to send payment.
The Court has regular telephone contact with members of the public for valid purposes. However, staff would never contact individuals by telephone to demand payment for an active warrant. Warrants may only be cancelled by the following:
- Posting the required bond amount and appearing on a scheduled court date.
- Appearing in Court on the Walk-In Docket, if eligible.
Additionally, the only valid payment methods for fines and costs are as follows:
- Online – Pay Your Tickets Online and enter the applicable information.
- DivDat Kiosks - Click here for locations throughout the Metro Detroit area.
- By Mail – Do not mail cash. Place the citation number on the check or money order and make payable to: 36thDistrict Court, 421 Madison, Attn. Finance Unit, Detroit, MI 48226.
- 24-Hour Drop Box – Located in the Court Lobby – Do not deposit cash. Place the citation number on the check or money order and make payable to: 36th District Court.
- Kiosks – Located throughout the Court Building.Accepts cash or credit card.
- Cashier's Window - Open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Open 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Wednesday
If you are contacted by anyone demanding payment for 36th District Court, please contact your local authorities.