I wish to resolve my civil infractions issued by a Detroit Police Officer or a Michigan State Trooper online instead of appearing in Court.
Online Ticket Resolution is available for newly issued civil infractions (within 14 days of issuance) only. You may request online resolution of your civil infractions in order for the magistrate or representative to decide whether your charge will be reduced to one with no or fewer points to your driver’s license. A magistrate or representative will make a decision about your case based on the same criteria they would if you came to Court.
You MUST allow 4 business days after receiving your ticket before submitting your online request to allow the Detroit Police Officer or Michigan State Trooper time to file the ticket with the Court and to allow case processing time for entry into the Court's system.
Ineligible drivers are:
- Commercial Drivers (CDL)
- Graduated Drivers (GDL)
- Probationary Drivers
- Non-Michigan Licensed Drivers
Ineligible offenses are:
- All felonies and misdemeanors
- Civil infractions in default status
- Civil infractions relating to Concealed Pistol License and Firearm Permits
- Careless or Reckless Driving
- Automated Vehicle
- Commercial Quadricycle / Pedal Pub
- Offenses pertaining to Boats/Vessels/All-Terrain Vehicles for Registration and Equipment Violations
- Failure to Tarp, Over Width Vehicle, Mud Flaps, Motor Vehicle Permit Violations, No Medical Card/Certificate to Operate Vehicle, CMV Equipment Violations
- Parking tickets (DPD only)
- Seat belt (DPD only)
- Failure to Yield to Emergency Vehicle
- Speeding (16 mph or More Over Posted Speed Limit)
If you are an ineligible driver or the ticket is for an ineligible offense, as listed above, you may request a hearing, please click here.
Otherwise, you may pay your ticket in full, please click here.
If your online plea is accepted, an email notification extending the offer to you will be sent within 3 business days of your request. Once an offer has been extended to you:
- You may accept the offer and will have 2 business days to pay online.
- If you do not make the payment timely, the original charge will be reinstated and your case will automatically go into default with additional fees.
- If you do not wish to accept the offer, the original charge will remain in place and an Informal Hearing Notice will automatically be mailed to you at the address listed on the ticket.
- The Court will notify you if you do not qualify and an informal hearing notice will be mailed to you at the address listed on the ticket.
If you wish to continue with Online Ticket Resolution, please click here.