The 36th District Court Judges and Magistrates are given the authority [MCL 551.7.1] to perform marriage ceremonies for residents living within the Court's jurisdiction.
Prior to making the request and coming to court you will need:
- A Marriage License obtained from the Wayne County Clerk’s Office (please click the link for more information.)
- $10.00 fee (cash or credit card) to be paid at the 2nd floor cashier window before the ceremony.
Marriages are scheduled on Wednesdays. Please contact the Court at 313-965-2790 for available dates. When you call you will need to provide the following information:
- Full name of both partners
- Phone number for both partners
- Email addresses for both partners
- Desired Wedding date and time
On date of marriage, you will need to bring the following:
Two Witnesses (must be 18 or older only). The Court does not provide witnesses.