Skip to Content

Defaulted Tickets

If your ticket is defaulted, you have the following options:

Pay the ticket in full. The total amount due is indicated on your default notice. It must be paid by the due date on the notice or your license could be suspended.

Request to have the default set aside.

  • Download and fill out the Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment and Order Form. You need to have good cause to request the default to be set aside. Be sure this explanation is on the form.
  • Post bond in the amount due on the default notice.  The bond has to be posted in the form of cash or cashier's/certified check. Cash must be posted in person. No personal checks or money orders will be accepted.
  • Bond and the Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment and Order form must be received or postmarked by the due date on default notice.

Once we receive your request, the Magistrate will review your explanation and a decision will be mailed to you. If granted, you will be set for an Informal Hearing before the Magistrate. You will receive a notice to appear. If denied, your bond will be transferred to pay the fine and costs.